Monday, January 4, 2016

Commitment

COMMITMENT: n. the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.

That is the definition I found for the word commitment! And on this day, Jan 4, 2016, I commit to giving every opportunity to getting fit and building strength and stamina. I'm not looking at weight, per say, but if I lose weight along the way, then that's all right with me!

Today I officially weighed in for my DietBet/MamaLaughlin and it starts on Wednesday. Also, received my package of Herbalife that I will start tomorrow. I'm scared and excited all at the same time. I don't plan to do this forever, or even for more than a month, or so. I want to give it my all but I don't want to be dependent on Herbalife or any meal replacements. I just want to get a jump start on things and get my "weightloss" rolling. For as they say, "Summer bodies are made in the Winter!!"

Honestly, I wouldn't have thought about trying Herbalife until I talked to my cousin over Christmas holiday. She said that is what she did a few years ago, and I remember she lost some very noticeable inches. So, I thought I would give it a shot, at least for 1 month. I'm hoping it will keep me full and the tea will help give me the energy I need to get through the day and to get through my workouts.

So, cheers to a new day, a new beginning, a new year!!! I'm going to dedicate my time to eating better, drinking water, and exercise!

SW: 196.0lbs

I don't know what I want my goal weight to be, but some other types of goals I have are:

  • complete a 5k without stopping to walk
  • take at least 1 class at Gold's Gym or Sportscenter per week.
  • begin swimming
  • drink 1 gallon of water per day
  • strength training/lift weights at least 3 times per week
  • Commit to 21 days of exercise (starting Jan 5)
As far as goals for my emotional well being:
  • schedule a session with a counselor
  • pray
  • read the bible
  • daily mantras

This will be an awesome year, and I want to make the the best year of my life yet!!



 photo Sig2015-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment